Technology and data are rapidly becoming key strategic issues for organisations across all industries.
Developments such as automation, robotics and the internet-of-things are making inroads into every aspect of the economy. Data is being recognised as a critical asset that enterprise and government are seeking to better exploit with analytics tools and services. Large technology companies have become major drivers of growth, but present unique and complex commercial and regulatory challenges requiring specialist advice.
Our technology, media and telecommunications (TMT) team is a cross-disciplinary team supporting the converging technology, media and telecommunications industries. We are recognised for our market-leading expertise and insight. Corrs was named ‘Law Firm of the Year’ for Information Technology Law by Best Lawyers Peer Review 2020.
We act for some of Australia’s and the world’s leading companies including:
- in technology: Google, realestate.com.au, carsales.com.au, and Adobe
- in media: CBS Broadcasting, Ten Network, and Southern Cross Austereo
- in telecommunications: nbn, Vodafone, and Telesat
Our team has a track record of advising on ‘market firsts’, including in relation to emerging and disruptive technologies that are transforming traditional industries such as financial services.
Our advice extends across the full spectrum of TMT matters including:
- early stage investment and product launches
- transactions and major projects, such as systems integration, outsourcing, network rollouts, joint ventures, M&A and infrastructure development
- operational issues such as compliance, regulation, commercial contracting, licensing, and regulated access to facilities and services
- managing risks in areas including privacy, data and cyber security
- litigation and investigations, including outsourcing disputes, platform-related disputes, cyber and data breach response investigations, urgent applications for injunctive relief and high profile defamation matters